On June 19th, Napa County officially progressed into the next stage of California's plan to reopen. Slow Fox will be closely monitoring and complying with all regulations and recommendations to insure that your safety while dancing is our number one priority.
So What are We Doing to Maintain Safety?
Slow Fox is following government-set guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.These precautions include:
- suspending all weekly Dance Socials until it is safe to resume
- screening our instructors daily
- sanitizing before and after each lesson, as well as throughout the day
- masks and gloves for instructors and students
- limiting our group classes to 10 students max
- offering socially-distanced group classes
- limiting our private lessons to 2 couples at a time in the building
Full guidelines and more info can be found here: https://www.countyofnapa.org/2840/Industry-Guidance
How Will this Affect My Dance Experience?
Trust us when we tell you this- dancers have overcome worse than this in the past! We want to keep you healthy, safe, and having fun, so we ask that students interested in private or indoor lessons be sure to wear a face covering to comply with California's new mandatory face covering policy. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, we offer social-distanced outdoor lessons as well!
When Will Social Dancing Resume?
Unfortunately, no one knows when it will be safe to gather in large groups again... but as soon as we know, we'll let you know! In the mean time, take this opportunity to grow and develop your own dancing so you can come back stronger than ever! If you're new to the dance world, now is a perfect time to get started... if you start now, by the time you're dancing at the next party or wedding you'll be smooth and comfortable on the dance floor!